Saturday, July 31, 2010

Summer celebrations and some sadness

It has been a busy summer so far.

The local summer celebrations are in full swing. We did the county fair, pig races, muskie days and fireworks. We replenished our tootsie roll supply and emptied our wallets. The girls have had theater productions, art and cooking classes, and summer camp. We celebrated 4 birthdays and attended the annual family camptathalon*.
*That seems like it should have the trademark symbol next to it. Our weekend long annual camping/summer festivities.

Amid all the activity we discovered that we were expecting our fifth child. After a few weeks of keeping it a happy secret between my husband and myself I woke up to find that I was in the process of losing the baby. For the sometimes cynical person I tend to be I never thought this would happen to me. I have been blessed to have each pregnancy end in a lovely little person. This was not only the loss of a baby that I had quickly become very attached to but of an innocence I did not even know I possessed. I was quickly and quietly destroyed by a loss that no one else was even aware had occurred. The rest of the world just kept going while I came to a grinding halt for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment