Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The all important list

My general morning routine goes something like.

Make coffee and have several gulps.

Change baby I's diaper if she is awake and fix breakfast for the girls.

While they are busy eating, drink more coffee and make my daily list.


I have a hard time self orienting without the list. I do not strictly follow the list. If mop the kitchen does not get done, I forgive myself. But at the start of a new day it calms my often racing thoughts to have a plan. A tiny piece of order amid the kid noise and chaos.
If I accomplish none of it, oh well. Things don't always go as planned when you have four kids.
What really matters some days is that I feel like I am progressing on some front. Being a mom is a thankless gig and sometimes seeing something like mail electric bill crossed off my piece of paper is enough to make me feel like I accomplished something.

No comments:

Post a Comment